Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kevin's Dads Funeral

It was a busy weekend with the funeral and burial ceremonies, but I'm glad it is over. I'm sure it must be hard for Kevin and his family to go through all this time but hopefully they can begin to heal and accept. Like Kevin said last night, "it's just hard to accept you will never see them again." I cannot imagine how hard it must be to lose a parent, I don't even like to think of it. Please keep Kevin and his family in your prayers.

The viewing was a bit an ordeal with Hannah. We had to be there at 1:00 and it began at 2:00...Hannah's nap is usually at 1 or 1:30 so she went into emotional, hyper mode. Than seeing her brothers show up made her more excited. So she was just running around, rolling across the floors and screaming in excitement a lot of the time. I felt terrible for the other mourners, but Kevin wanted us there with him. She wasn't too bad once the ceremony began because I pulled out the play-dough (other than laughing out loud at my play-dough castle...evidently it didn't meet her standards). By the end of it though I was exhausted from my wrestling with her and carrying Becca so Kevin could focus on his father and accepting the condolences. We made it through though, and we are back in our normal,busy schedule.

1 comment:

Alison Treat said...

I took Camilla to a funeral in October and thought, "Never again!" So I can relate. I'm so sorry for Kevin's loss. Let us know if we can do anything.